Pledge for America's Revival
When the Founders laid the groundwork for our republic, they stated in the final words of the Declaration of Independence:
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor. (emphasis added)
They then took up arms to secure the Independence they declared.
Today, as our nation finds itself in the midst of great upheavals, we face new assaults upon our rights, usurpations of unchecked power by those intent on destroying our republic, and corruption within the institutions of ordered liberty. We recognize the clear and present danger these assaults pose to our liberty.
We therefore stand with Justice Storey, who said in 1833,
The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these [tyrants] are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them. (emphasis added)
We also stand immovably on the words of the Second Amendment:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. – Bill of Rights, United States Constitution
In the spirit of the above words from the Declaration, and the guarantee enshrined in the Second Amendment, which is essential to securing God's blessings of liberty, we invite all to join us in a "Pledge for America's Revival." Those who sign the Pledge commit to stand with likeminded patriots in advancing America's God-centered revival upon the principles of our nation's founding.
Prayerfully consider the words of the Pledge. If our country is to survive in liberty, it needs citizens who understand their vocation as participants
in the political process – not merely spectators.
We are counting on you to make a difference, of your own initiative, in preserving our republic.
If you are prepared to commit in good faith and with a heart for God's will – and find others equally committed –
America's much-needed revival will grow into a mighty grassroots reality, capable of helping to restore America's allegiance to God, and the connection between our liberties and our respect for His authority as our Creator.
Upon this depends the future of our republic!
In viewing the needs of America against the backdrop of current destructive trends, and seeing an urgent duty to "make a difference" by my own individual voice and activism in the cause of preserving our nation –
I HEREBY ANNOUNCE
my support for the purposes of America's Revival
, purposes that center in the values and traditions that define America itself – beginning with the need to acknowledge the authority of God in all areas of American life, including the political arena.
that the purposes of America's Revival include:
I THEREFORE PLEDGE
- Teaching and promoting the self-evident truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence.
- Upholding the requirements, guarantees, and protections of the Constitution of the United States.
- Defending and protecting – in speech and deed – our unalienable, enumerated, and implied rights.
- Preserving and defending the vital moral foundations of our republic – including the sanctity of life; the God-ordained family; the free exercise of religion in both public and private life; and the divinely-appointed equal rights of every individual.
- Encouraging God-fearing Americans to recommit to living in harmony with the will of God – yielding their hearts completely to Him and trusting in Him in all things. (See Jer. 31:33-34 and Prov. 3:5-6.)
- Doing whatever else might be properly included in the obligations and responsibilities of American citizenship, in accordance with true principles and the requirements of self-governance.
to stand with likeminded Americans in advancing this cause – and pledge to do my best to find and encourage others
who are willing to make and keep the same pledge. I also pledge, as did our Founders, to commit my resources to assist worthy patriotic causes of my own choosing,
according to my individual ability and circumstances.
FINALLY, I pledge to give my best effort in all other needful, exemplary ways as God may guide me
– for the cause of America's Revival and for God, who is my witness.
PRIVACY NOTICE: Your contact information will remain confidential, and will not be shared with a third party.